Friday, June 09, 2006

Gamble, Pearl Evelyn (nee Hirsch), beloved wife of 49 yrs. of the late Robert William Gamble (dec.1985), devoted mother of Curtis R. (Carol) Gamble and Sally E. (Robert) Gailey, dear grandmother of Beth (Dave) Albers, Bill (fiance' DeVere Keen) Gamble, Glenn (Jeannine) Gailey, Jason Gailey and great grandchildren Logan , Dylan and Aiden Albers. Friday June 9, 2006. Age 93 yrs. Mrs. Gamble was a member of the Loveland Order of Eastern Star, charter member of the Concord Hills Garden club, Den mother in the beginning years of the Blue Ash Cub Scout troop while her husband was the pack's first Cub Master, member of the Cincinnati Glass Club, the Wyoming Presbyterian Church, the Wurlitizer Organ Club, Warren Co. Historical Society and a long term member of Armstrong Chapel. Friends may call Tuesday from 1PM until time of service at 2PM at the Strawser Funeral Home, 9503 Kenwood Rd., Blue Ash. Memorial contributions may be sent to the charity of choice. Condolences may be expressed at www.strawserfuneralhome.com

Email Family

2 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger vapetlover said...

My mother, Dorothy Hirsch Trautman, and Pearl were first cousins. Their fathers, Christian and Karl Hirsch were brothers. Pearl and her young family stayed with us for a few days very many summers to enjoy the Michigan lakes, sun and sand. In fact, were it not for one visit, in 1942, I probably wouldn't be here! Curt knows this story well, as my father related it to him, and later, to me. He and my dad loved to go fishing on the north pier in St. Joseph. As an "older" cousin, he (and his family) was quite entertaining to us "country folk!" I remember Pearl as very energetic and somewhat flamboyant which, in contrast to my mother's stoic manner, was a fresh breath of air. I was always impressed with Sally's pretty bold hair and sophisticed manners. While I did not spend alot of time with Pearl, I do have fond memories of her visits to our farm. My condolences to her family at their loss.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger vapetlover said...

Corrections: Sally's blond hair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home