Saturday, October 25, 2008





LINDER, William H. (89), formally of Kenwood/Madeira, Ohio, passed Friday, October 24th, 2008. Born September 27th, 1919, William was the son of the late Henry and Matilda Linder. Mr. Linder proudly served his country in WWII in the Army/Air Corps. He was a member of Kennedy Heights Presbyterian Church, Montgomery Masonic Lodge No 94 F. & A. M, American Legion and very active, as a member of the Shrine, contributing over 7000 volunteer hours, with the Cincinnati Shrine Children’s Burn Hospital.

As a Salesman, William (Bill) spent hours on the road and at work, however, always made time for his family either helping in sports, scouts or enjoying time in Elk Rapids, Michigan on vacation.

Survivors: William is survived by his wife, Edwyna Marie (Bauer) Linder of Ft. Walton Beach, Florida: sons, William John (Susan) Linder of Ft. Walton Beach Florida: and Gregory Lane (Karen) Linder of Pennsylvania. He is also survived by four Grandchildren, William James (Jennifer) Linder, Sean, Mladenka and Ekaterina Linder.

Funeral services will be held, Monday November 3rd, 2008 at 1:00PM at the Strawser Funeral Home in Blue Ash, Ohio (1-513-791-7203) with the Montgomery Masonic Lodge officiating. Burial services will follow at the Rest Haven Burial Park, Evendale. He will be honored for his service to the USA by full Military Service Honors. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service. Please sign the on line condolence page at: WWW.STRAWSERFUNERALHOME.COM.

Contributions: In lieu of flowers, to The Cincinnati Shrine Burn Hospital 3229 Burnett Ave Cincinnati, OH 45229

Email Family

4 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Strawser said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Strawser said...

Ed & I would like to give Winnie & her family our condolences for their loss.
We only knew them about 10 years but had many happy times.
We are very sorry, we will be gone Monday for a few days on vacation & will not be able to come to the funeral.
Sincerely, Ed & June Keller

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Strawser said...

To: William J. Linder:
Bill...When I read the obituary of your Dad, I was first saddened by the news of his passing, and gladdened that he had such a long and full life. I had hoped to be able to see you at the Funeral Home, but found that a committment that I had will preclude my attending the Service or pre-service visitation. I wanted to personnally send my best wishes to you, Greg, and your mother, and ask how and what you have been doing for the many years since our days together in Troop 183. I still am a part of Kennedy Heights Presbyterian Church, have lived in Kenwood since 1967; have 4 children, eleven grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren. I lost my wife, Anne, in 2005 after nearly 54 years of marriage; and have re-married to a lady who lost her husband after 51 years of marriage, and whom Anne and I had known for sixty plus years. We live in my home in Kenwood, where she moved after living in Kennedy Heights for 50 years; and being active in KHPC and the Community for many yearts.
What have you and your brother been doing for the many years since our scouting days? I lost track of you and your family after the early 1960's. If you have reason to be in Cincy for any time after the funeral, let me know and maybe we can touch base and exchange news of the last 40-50 years.
Again my sympathies to you all, and my regrets for not being able to get to the funeral home.

Jack Drake
PHONE: 513-791-1216
E-MAIL: JDRAKE1@FUSE.NET

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

R.I.P Gramdpa Linder. May you rest in peace. I miss and love you guys! You made the best cookies ever and gave wonderful gifts to my family. I wish I could of done more to help you and grandma before you guys pasted away, but I know you and grandma are always watching over me and my family.♥ Sincerely, Mladenka Linder

 

Post a Comment

<< Home